Sunday, September 9, 2012

Blessed

Coming to ASU from BYU has been a bigger adjustment than I ever had imagined.  I didn't think that it would be that difficult, but the past few weeks have been particularly hard for me, especially after everybody went back up to Utah.  I kept dwelling on what I didn't have, what I couldn't do, and who wasn't in Arizona with me.  I've finally been able to look beyond that and begin to see the blessings of what I actually do have and focus on those things.  I've always known I have been blessed with such an amazing family, but I've been especially grateful for them the past couple of months.  Living away from them helped me realize how much they impact my day to day life, so now that I live back with them, I can truly appreciate it.  

My mom has been so completely understanding of my transition.  She's always there to just listen to me complain and offer advice when needed.  Also, a permanent chick flick buddy.  Love it.  I'm also so grateful for my dad who is so hard working and an amazing example to me.  This past weekend we went on a little daddy-daughter date to a baptism for a convert Dad knows.  The whole service was in Spanish, and I surprisingly understood most of it which was really cool!  We then went to Costa Vida and hit up Walmart for some Saturday night grocery shopping.
  
A blurry pic from our date







My favorite picture of me and Dad

Haley has been my best friend, my partner in crime, my entire life.  She is the best example of being passionate about something and doing whatever it takes to get what she wants.  She doesn't easily give up on anything, a trait that I really admire.  One of my favorite things to do is stay up all night and just talk with her about anything and everything.  Just the other day we were both trying to do homework and ended up talking for about 4 hours... We got nothing done.  Just the other day Haley came home from school and told me she had a present for me.  It's a plaque that has the quote "Sisters by chance, Friends by choice."  I love this quote, however, I don't think it is by chance that Haley and I are sisters.  I know that we are sisters because I needed her to be my sister and I'm so grateful for that.














Love my family dear!