Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Homecoming Weekend

I'm so lucky to be home in Arizona so that I could go to all of the Toro Homecoming festivities, one of my favorite times of the year!  It was kinda sad not being involved in it on the Student Council side of things, but at the same time, so relieving to just enjoy what was going on instead of stressing about what could/has gone wrong.  

To kick off the homecoming traditions, Mom and I went to the Homecoming Assembly on Friday morning to support Carie who was in charge of it.  Since I was in charge of it 2 years ago (and by "in charge" I mean organizing pom/cheer/band/drumline/National Anthem performances, royalty games and interviews, and actually conducting the assembly in front of the entire school), I know how big of an accomplishment it is to successfully pull off an assembly at MVT.  Carie did such an awesome job!  Everything was timed perfectly and she didn't even seem nervous!  I remember when I was in charge, I was so terrified before the assembly, but once it got going it was so much fun!
Haley, Grandma Clark, and I after I conducted the HC Assembly 2 years ago


Me with the gorgeous Carie, who of course did a fabulous job!


I loved seeing Bennett and Clark at school!  Bennett actually sat by me at the assembly, but we could barely get Clark to stand by me long enough to get a picture!  After being back at this assembly, I concluded that I am so glad I am done with high school.  Don't get me wrong, it was fun while it lasted, but I'm glad it's over.

Later Friday night was the big Homecoming Football Game.  This was especially fun because not only does Clark get a lot of playing time, but he scored 2 touchdowns for the Toros, ultimately ending the game with a 57-7 victory over Westwood.  I love kicking some warrior trash.  After the game, the whole Clark Brown fan club met on the field to take some traditional pictures (although of not very good quality).


I love my #31!


It took more convincing than it should have to get this picture, but it was worth it!

The next day was the actual day of the dance and it was really weird that I could sleep in and not have to go to the MVT gym and decorate for several hours.  Actually, I didn't get to sleep in because I went to Celeste's and got my hair colored ombre (more blonde on the ends), but it was still weird not setting up!  My favorite part of all of the Homecoming festivities was going around to all the Clark cousins and seeing them before they left.  Sam, Hailey, and Carie all looked gorgeous!  I miss being able to get all dressed up for the dances, but it was nice being able to enjoy homecoming without all that stress of finding a modest dress, what jewelery/shoes to wear, etc.  






Clark and Caleb sending me off to my first Homecoming dance....


....and me and Haley sending Clark off to his first Homecoming dance!


Clark looked sharp in the shirt and tie Mom and I picked out for him and he had a great time at the dance!  Even though I didn't go to the actual dance, I still had a super fun homecoming weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First off, you're so stinking cute. Secondly, I love that you and Haley are standing the same in all the pictures- it's great. Love you!