Thursday, September 6, 2012

Little Devil

I really hate change.  I like to have a set routine and for everything to stay the same.  That's the one thing I miss about high school-- the same schedule every year, the monotony of day to day-- so it's a surprise to even me that once I got into the routine of things at BYU, I gave it up to go to a completely new and different  school.  But, I like to think of it as my newest adventure.  Although it's nothing at all like what I'm used to, it's exciting (and extremely intimidating) to me to see what else is out there... so here we go!

I think it's a little funny that I'm going from the "Lord's university" to the Devil's university... I also think I'm the only one who thinks it's funny.  Anywho, I was major stressin' on the first day of school.  I was worried that I would get stuck in traffic, then I would get lost on the way to the institute building, then not be able to find a park, miss the light rail, get off on the wrong stop, get lost on the way to class, and be incredibly late.  I was a nervous wreck.  Luckily, my first commute went smoothly and was only about an hour and ten minutes! And I thought my 5 minute walk to BYU's campus during the summer was bad.  It was also helpful to receive lots of encouraging texts from my mom ("You'll be fine, keep breathing!"), Tia, and my friends.  My mom said she was so worried about me because of how stressed out I was.  I'm pathetic, I know.

My first day as a Sun Devil

Raven and I met on the day of orientation back in March.  We were so lucky to meet because we're both in the nursing program and have a lot of the same classes.  I was so glad to have a friend the first day!
Me and Raven


 Check out these cute "I Heart Nursing" shirts we found in the bookstore!

Last Thursday I went to  my very first college football game!  I went with Raven and her boyfriend Russell, and we sat in the student section.  The energy was incredible, the game was an easy win, and there was sooo much maroon and gold, but my favorite part was the fireworks.  I'm such a girl.



Here's to many more adventures to come!

1 comment:

Alison said...

You are awesome and I love you to death! You can do HARD things!