Saturday, September 1, 2012

Summer Activities

This summer I had so much fun and did so many unforgettable things with my roommates and the friends I made up there.  I never want to forget this summer I had!

Katie and I thought we were a little more prepared to live on our own than we really were... Nick had to teach us how to do the laundry for the first time!  But, after that, Katie and I did awesome with our laundry and didn't ruin any clothes (I thought for sure that would happen!).

 A typical look for me on the way to do laundry... I'm sure Katie was embarrassed to be seen with me.

I had never really made a full meal by myself, so I took pride in my cooking, sending pictures of my food to Mom on a regular basis.

This is one of my favorite pictures from the summer.  My roommate Rebecca was so tall, and I was so short, the height difference was hilarious!

 Every Friday night we had a dorm sleepover where we would drag all of our mattresses into the family room.  It was so fun it became a weekly tradition.  Usually some friends came over before and watched a movie with us, but don't worry! No boys slept over... honor code!

Because we had no school on the Fourth of July, we went with some friends to the Lake Mona rope swing.  It was in the middle of nowhere and the rope swing was attached to a super sketchy branch, but we all did it!  The water was so cold, though, that I only did it once.  This Arizona girl can't handle the cold!


On the 4th of July the Snows were so nice to invite Katie and I to hike the Y with their family.  We hadn't been the whole summer, so we agreed!

Made it to the top with only 1 hour of sleep the night before!
Later that evening, we had a picnic with our roommates and the boys of 1103 with the homemade meal cooked entirely by Katie and I.  Not going to lie, I was pretty impressed with ourselves!  After that, we drove up the side of a mountain and found a little cliff that was perfect to watch the fireworks from.  We not only could see the fireworks from Stadium of Fire, but we also could see the fireworks from all over Provo.  It was so beautiful.  It was such a memorable Fourth of July!

(Super blurry)
Katie and I helped give the 1103 boys makeovers one night... With haircuts!  I had never cut a boy's hair before, but they asked if I could so I agreed!  I was a little surprised at how well I did!

Cutting Ryan's hair

Bryan's hair before

And After (he requested the mohawk!)
 Their hair actually turned out pretty cool and they liked it a lot-or that's what they told me at least!
It reminded me of how only a few weeks earlier I had the opportunity to paint Bryan's nails... Oh the memories!


Love the pink polish
The next day, Bryan took me on a date starting with dinner at Malawi's and a try at the ropes course at Provo Beach Resort.  We had so much fun!


After our date, Katie, Carina, Anna, and I hit the town for Girls Night Out at Spark!  Spark is a mocktail lounge, serving nonalcoholic drinks only.  It's fun to order the mock martinis... So we ordered every drink on the menu!  Although there was no alcohol, things got a little crazy (I may have danced on the table...).





After heading home, we planned to watch a chick flick and eat popcorn... until we came up with a better idea.  We dressed in all black, whipped out Anna's newly purchased water guns, and since our first targets (EFY kids) weren't outside, we shot at random people outside the dorms.  It was tons of fun!



July 20th was my good friend Drew's birthday so I thought we'd help him celebrate it.  Not to brag, but I made some awesome spice cake with homemade frosting.  It was delicious.



 One night, Katie, Carina, Rebecca, and I went country dancing.  It was definitely not what I expected, but it was an experience!  Many people go there weekly and are hard core, but we had no clue what we were doing.  Katie was the only one who scored an RM's phone number, but she let him know right away she wasn't interested!

Another night, we hit up the Freshman Masquerade dance in the Cannon Center.  We kind of went as a joke, but it ended up being a blast!  For some reason while I was at BYU I completely let go and went crazy, not like me at all!  Usually in these circumstances I would hold back, but not this time!  I went so crazy at the dance that I think some people were scared.  I started a mosh pit, went crowd surfing (well, only Parker picked me up and helped me "crowd surf"!), and requested my all-time favorite song "Enchanted" by Taylor Swift.  After the dance, we took the party back to our dorm and had tons of fun there.  It was so much fun to have both Taylor and Shiersten with us... Best friends since junior high reunited!


My favorite part about going to BYU for the summer was meeting so many new people from all over the country.  Katie and I became best friends with Parker Bronson and Adam Meredith, two roommates from our Family Home Evening group.  Sadly, we didn't really become friends until about half way through the summer, but we made the most of our last half together!  Adam is the most caring person ever.  He is always trying to help anyone out (he was a lifesaver for mine and Katie's symphony we had to write for a final project), and he was a true friend who was always there to give advice or just listen.  Parker was my best friend that I had so much fun with always and who I could tell anything to.. and I did.  We walked all around Provo and BYU campus talking for hours on end, and if you know me, you know I was the one doing most of the talking!  Haha but Parker never complained!

The picture of Parker that started it all...

Joining the EFY kids

Kung Fu Panda in the math lab?!


We were pros at all fitting on our tiny couches... even though it wasn't always super comfortable! 

Grocery shopping

All 4 of us on Adam's bike
Adam!

Our last night together


I had the best summer of my life this summer and I already miss BYU and the people I met there, but on to bigger and better!

No comments: