Thursday, September 13, 2012

He's here!

I've been baby hungry for a while now, and since it isn't in my near future to have a baby, I was so excited when Tia got pregnant!  After what seems like forever, baby Landon Brett Allred is finally here!  I'm actually an aunt... weird.  But, I already love him and am so excited I get to watch him as he grows up.  

Tia wasn't sure if she wanted anyone in her room while she delivered, but the night of she decided that we could be in the room with her.  Haley was dead set on going and I last minute decided to go with her.  At about midnight last night we got a text saying that she was beginning to push.  Haley and I rushed to Banner Desert (and got there in record time, by the way).  We got there literally right after he was born.  We missed it! What are the chances?  Most people push for hours, but not Tia!  15 minutes was enough for her and Landon was born at 12:14 am on September 13th.  I'm not going to lie, I'm a little relieved that I missed it, because I don't think I could have handled it like I thought I'd be able to!  I saw enough for the part that I was there and felt kinda sick the whole time, but luckily never passed out or got nauseous.  It was cool to see them measure and weigh Landon, though, and I was the first one to get to hold him after the nurses and Brett & Tia!  

Here are just a few pictures from my phone.  Haley got about a million on her own camera, and one of Haley's good friends Kenzie Gosling is a professional photographer and took lots of pictures too.
He weighs 6 pounds 5 ounces and is 19.5 inches long



No comments: